Expert Service for Storage & Tankless Water Heaters in San Carlos & the Bay Area
Your building is reliant on hot water from washing hands to running laundry and everything in between. It can be overwhelming and stressful when your water heater stops working properly. When you run into any problems with your hot water heater, it is important to call a skilled plumber as soon as possible.
At Wizard Plumbing & Drains, we provide expert water heater repair in San Mateo for storage tank & tankless water heaters. We have the knowledge and experience to discover the precise problem and provide a rapid solution. If you need a repair or a water heater replacement in San Mateo, give our water heater specialists a call. Our water heater repair company is ready to help!
In many cases, you may not know you need a water heater repair until it is too late. You step into the shower in the morning and are met with a wave of icy cold water that will not heat up. The big question is whether you need a water heater repair or a water heater replacement.
8 Signs You're In Need Of Water Heater Repair:
- Loud sounds - A little bit of noise is okay, but if you're hearing loud snapping or popping noises, there could be minerals building up causing the unit to overheat. If this happens, it just needs a thorough cleaning so contact your San Mateo water heater repair specialists.
- Weird Smell or Taste - This too could be the result of a mineral build-up. It's also entirely possible that the coating on the inside of the tank is peeling and falling into your water.
- Fluctuating heat - This is most frequently caused by a broken dip tube. When the dip tube cracks, incoming cold water mixes with outgoing hot water. Unless you have an extra dip tube, it'd be best to call in your San Mateo water heater repair pros to save yourself from unexpecting cold water.
- Leaking - If there is water pooling up underneath your traditional water heater, that means there's likely a crack in your tank. Even if it's a slow leak it should still be serviced.
- Reddish-brown discoloration - If you're only seeing this discoloration in your hot water, then you could have rust building up inside your water heater. Since this is one of the more dangerous mishaps with water heaters, don't hesitate to call in your local experts so that you're not drinking rusty water.
- Low water pressure for your hot water - If your water heater has enough chemical build-up, it will slow the output of the unit and needs a thorough cleaning.
- Not enough heat - There could be a variety of reasons that your hot water heater isn't pumping out enough water. Since it could be so many things, you'll need the trained eye of one of our San Mateo water heater repair specialists to properly diagnose the problem.
- A long time since you've had the same water heater - A traditional water heater usually lasts 10-15 years. A tankless water heater usually lasts 20-30 years. If you've had your units for longer, you should at the very least get them checked. They'll be on their last legs.
Gregg was very knowledgeable and able to find the root of the problem in a short time to give me an estimate. He was very helpful to provide us with the pricing and additional suggestions. I will certainly use Wizard Plumbing in the future!Fahim G.
Family Owned & Operated
Over a Decade of Experience
Free Plumbing & Drain Estimates
Top-Rated Plumbing Company
In general, we provide water heater repair in San Mateo, Redwood City, Burlingame, and the surrounding areas, whenever possible. Since a replacement is more expensive, our water heater experts takes numerous factors into account to see if a repair is right for your home.
In general, we suggest a water heater replacement when your unit is over 10 years of age, if your water heater tank is deteriorating or leaking, if your water is discolored, and if water cannot be drained through the drain valve. Only a plumber can make an accurate assessment of your system and make a recommendation. If you need a water heater repair service near you, call Wizard Plumbing and Drain in San Mateo.
Affordable Water Heater Repair is Only a Phone Call Away
At Wizard Plumbing and Drain, our customers are our highest priority. We are proud to be the highest rated plumbing company on Yelp due to our dedicated, tireless service. Our happy customers know that we take the time to explain the problems and possible solutions, whether that is water heater repair or water heater replacement, so they completely understand that is happening with their plumbing system.
Customers love working with Wizard Plumbing & Drains because:
- Our professional and friendly plumbers are always available
- We offer free plumbing and drain estimates
- We beat most competitor’s written estimates by 10% or more
- We are a family owned and operated business
- We are focused on customer satisfaction and long-standing relationships
- Our plumbers are recognized for their cleanliness on the job
Our core values are honesty, integrity, service, and trustworthiness. This ensures that we remain the chosen plumbing company in the Bay Area. We take service with a smile to the next level. Make Wizard Plumbing and Drain the last new plumbing company you’ll ever need.
We provide San Mateo water heater repair experts with quality plumbing solutions you can trust. Call (650) 843-9911 for any residential or commercial plumbing needs. Our water heater repair company is ready to help.